Last modified: 3.20.20
Our Site is not intended for children under sixteen (16) years of age. We do not use our Site to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to anyone under sixteen (16) years of age. If you are under sixteen (16) years of age you may not use this Site and should not provide any information on this Site, through any of its features, register on the Site, use any of the interactive features of this Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
Personal Information: We may collec information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other information the Site collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”)
- Personal Information We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Site: When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Site (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Web Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published, uploaded or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Like many websites, our Site may use “cookies” or other similar tracking technologies to collect information which will help us to improve the quality of our services and to make it easier to navigate the Site. This information typically includes information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, the computer’s network name, and details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, most computers allow you to change your browser setting to prevent acceptance of cookies. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies certain features or parts of the Site may not work properly. We do not use flash cookies or track users across time and across websites.
How We Use Your Information
welleum processes personal information in the following ways:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, or products that you request from us.
- To respond to your queries and requests.
- To assist you with managing your account and passwords.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
You may choose to exclude yourself from any mailings by contacting us at the contact information below.
We may generate e-mail for the following types of communication:
- Notification e-mail to which the individual may subscribe and unsubscribe.
- Relationship e-mail, which is sent as an informational service because of a relationship with us.
- Commercial e-mail or newsletter, which is sent to promote developments and articles of interest in our field (you may opt not to receive this type of e-mail).
- Correspondence from our staff as a result of a communication initiated by you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products to you. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our services. We may also disclose your personal information and other information to other third parties as set forth below:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- [For third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.]
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
- With business partners and third-party business providers who use or may have access to your personal information as part of the services being provided to you, which includes survey companies, credit card processing, fulfillment processing, customer service, email distribution, and website management, technical support or data hosting.
- To auditors, contractors or other advisors auditing any of our business processes.
Additionally, to comply with legal requirements, cooperate with law enforcement, prevent fraud and other crimes, and protect the legal rights of welleum and others, there are circumstances in which we may share the personal information we collect on this Site without notifying you when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or regulatory requirements; to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect the legal rights, property or safety of welleum, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, independent contractors, licensors, suppliers, partners, successors, agents, and other users or the public in general or to protect your vital interests. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or government agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful without providing notice to you.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have commercially reasonable standard measures in place to safeguard and secure information and data we collect through the Site. It is important that you understand, however, that no website or database is completely secure or “hacker proof” and we cannot guarantee security of the information you submit to us. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. You are responsible for taking personal steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Contacting Us; Opting Out
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: welleum, located at 41 East 11th Street, New York, NY 10003.